What does it take to survive, even thrive, when you’re a complete amateur? This hour, TED speakers share stories of plunging — or being plunged — into new situations and emerging as experts.
1. A.J. Jacobs: How Does A Year Of Following Biblical Rules Change You?
2. Taylor Wilson: What Does It Take To Produce Nuclear Fusion — In Your Garage?
3. Julia Sweeney: When It Comes Time For ‘The Talk,’ Are All Parents Amateurs?
4. Derek Sivers: What’s The Best Way To Achieve A New Goal?
5. Nancy Frates: How Did A Simple Challenge Become A Worldwide Phenomenon?