We are a leading and reputable Property Development and Management company that develops and manages its own portfolio of properties. We are seeking a self-driven individual for the position of Legal Manager.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leadership role
- To provide leadership and ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Legal advisory services to the Board of Directors and management
- To provide legal protection and risk management advice
- Litigation management
- To handle all legal matters including litigation and conveyancing
- To receive summons on behalf of the Company
- To liaise with and manage external lawyers on all legal matters
- To review progress of outstanding litigation and follow up
- Policy development
- To prepare, review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure they are in compliance with all statutory and legal requirements
- To advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Contract Management
- Review all contracts and any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that require due attention
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Possession of LLB degree from a recognized university.
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of LSK.
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience post-admission in a busy legal department/environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Computer proficiency
If you are a results-oriented individual, looking for a challenging career and you meet the above requirements, please send your application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 24th June 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.