ARM Cement Ltd, (formerly Athi River Mining), was founded in 1974 and has grown to become one of East Africa’s largest cement manufacturer under the Rhino Cement brand, with a regional market share of around 15%. ARM Cement is publicly listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange and a frontrunner in East African manufacturing, with cement plants in Athi River, Kaloleni, Kigali, Daresalaam, and Tanga. The Company also manufactures sodium silicate, industrial minerals and soil and crop specific Mavuno Fertilizers.
ARM recently entered into a $140 million equity investment deal with the CDC Group, a development finance institution of the UK government. This equity investment will see the Company continue an aggressive growth and expansion programme, improve production efficiencies and continue the community developmental work proudly managed by Company staff under the Rhino Cement Foundation.
To support the expansion programmes and the community development work, we are seeking to recruit results-oriented Assistant Workshop Managers (2) (Trucks and Heavy Earth Moving Equipment) to be part of a strong performance oriented management team, in a high growth environment that supports continuous learning and skills development. ARM Cement is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Assistant Workshop Manager (2) (Trucks and Heavy Earth Moving Equipment)
Location: Kenya, Tanzania
Work Type: Full time
The position is permanent and pensionable with a competitive remuneration to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will report to the Workshop Manager.
- Supervision of the team to ensure timely execution of tasks.
- Ensuring the effective implementation of the agreed maintenance plan.
- Ensure equipment availability, cost savings, fuel consumption ratios and labour utilization.
- Any other duties assigned by the workshop manager.
Essential qualifications / knowledge / experience
- At least Degree or Advanced Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 4 years working experience that includes the maintenance and repair of heavy earthmoving equipment and large trucks.
- Experience of effectively implementing maintenance plans and controlling maintenance costs.
- Supervisory experience including work allocation, performance monitoring, coaching, etc.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should a soft copy of send their application to the address below. It should include:
- A covering letter that clearly demonstrates experience, based on the job described here and its requirements, why you are the best person for this job.
- An up-to-date CV that includes a description of relevant experience.
- The names and addresses of three professional referees.
- Your email, Skype address and day-time telephone number
- Details on current remuneration and your contractual notice period/earliest availability.
PO Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge for receiving or processing applications. ARM Cement is an equal opportunity employer.