Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Capital Business
Capital Business
This follows the listing of the first ETF Barclays New Gold in East Africa/FILE

Kenya

Nairobi Business Ventures lists on NSE

The firm becomes the first leather footwear and accessories retailer to list on the bourse/FILE

The firm becomes the first leather footwear and accessories retailer to list on the bourse/FILE

NAIROBI, Kenya, Jun 21 – Nairobi Business Ventures a local shoe and leather accessories retail chain operating under the brand name KShoe, on Tuesday listed by Introduction on the Growth Enterprises Market Segment (GEMS) of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).

The firm becomes the first leather footwear and accessories retailer to list on the bourse

The shoe and leather accessories vendor has listed 23.6 million shares at a share price of Sh5, giving the company a valuation of Sh118 million.

The listing comes shortly after the company raised Sh28 million from 26 new shareholders through a private placement completed on June 10.

KShoe Chairman Alfred Nzomo Kithushi says the capital raising initiative will go a long way in supporting the company’s expansion drive and planned venture into manufacturing of leather footwear and accessories.

“NBV’s immediate focus is on expansion of retail outlets in Nairobi and other cities in Kenya,” noted the Chairman.

The founders, Vasu Abotula and Raj Srungarapu are the majority shareholders of the company.

Following the listing, the two current majority shareholders will hold a total of 69.4 percent equity stake while the remaining 30.6 percent will be held by the public.

The two majority shareholders and founder members, have agreed not to offload their shareholding initially for a period of two years after the listing.

Kenya’s leather sector is presently estimated to be worth about Sh10 billion, but government experts estimate that value addition has the potential to increase the country’s earnings from leather to 10 times more.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“I am confident that KShoe plans to venture into manufacturing will yield great returns, especially during this phase when the Government is keen to revive the tanning industry and make Kenya a big exporter of shoes, bags and other products,” said KShoe Co-Founder and Managing Director Raj Srungarapu.

On his part, NSE Chief Executive, Geoffrey Odundo says the listing is a clear indicator of the confidence that Small Medium Enterprises continue to have on the Capital Markets, as they seek to raise capital to facilitate their various strategic initiatives.

Click to comment
Advertisement

More on Capital Business

Executive Lifestyle

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 12 – The country’s super wealthy individuals are increasing their holding of bonds, gold and cash, a new report by Knight...

Ask Kirubi

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 9 – Businessman and industrialist Dr. Chris Kirubi has urged members of the public to exercise extreme caution when making any...

Ask Kirubi

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 24 – Businessman and industrialist Dr. Chris Kirubi is set to own half of Centum Investment Company PLC, following a go-ahead...

Ask Kirubi

It is without a doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic has caught the whole world by surprise. Although its full impact is yet to be...

Headlines

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 18 – Commercial Banks have been ordered to provide relief to borrowers on their personal loans, with loans eligible from March...

Kenya

NAIROBI, Kenya, Jun17 – Kenya’s tea leaves manufacturer Kericho Gold, has been awarded the Superbrands Seal by Superbrands East Africa for their quality variety...

Coronavirus

NAIROBI, Kenya, Apr 13 – As the local telecommunications industry gears up to roll out 5G networks in the country, the Communications Authority of...

Coronavirus

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 22 – Airtel Kenya is offering free internet access for students in order to enable continued learning at home in the...