Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the job holder will have a proven track record of providing leadership in strategic human resources management and administration in a financial institution and will be responsible for delivering the Society human resource and administrative strategies.
A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in change management, organisational development initiatives, ensuring staff motivation by creating a conducive working environment
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Lead and provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies, and procedures to achieve Stima Sacco strategic objectives.
2) Develop Society human resources strategies through analysis, strategic thinking and direction and; establishment of human resources objectives in line with Society’s objectives.
3) Staff management involving implementation and analysis of performance, evaluation process, staff development programmes, managing the annual training budget, assessing competency, skill gaps, coordination of learning and motivational programmes.
4) Fostering the workplace environment consistent with Stima Sacco mission, vision and value; enabling motivation, productivity, loyalty and safety of employees in every area of the Society.
5) Ensure continuous development and maintenance of an effective performance management system.
6) Maintain a robust remuneration strategy and attractive terms and conditions of employment.
7) Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate change management initiatives.
8) Managing employee performance, conducting human resource audit and training needs assessment and staff development programmes.
9) Ensure efficient and effective administration services including maintenance of Stima Sacco property and offices.
10) Attend the Board HR Committee meetings as the Committee Secretary.
Key Qualifications and Skills
KCSE Grade B or its equivalent
A Bachelor Degree in Commerce/Business Administration/ or related field with a specialization in Human Resource Management.
A Master’s of Science/ MBA-Human Resource Management from a recognized university
A Professional qualification in human resources management and a member in good standing of IHRM for the last 5 years.
A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in managing human resources and administration functions, five (5) of which must be in a senior management level.
The ideal candidate should also have the experience in spearheading HRIS systems implementation.
Be able to demonstrate evidence of inspirational leadership with the ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
Proven management skills including planning, supervision, mentoring and coaching.
In-depth knowledge of labour laws and other employment regulations.
Solid problem solving and business acumen skills.
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with an ability to handle complex situations effectively while building cordial relationships.
Able to demonstrate good organizational, analytical and administrative skills.
Be fluent in written and verbal English with highly effective communication and influencing skills.
Strong strategic management and leadership skills.
A good team player with ability to manage and work with diverse Teams
The candidate should be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on 26th February 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted