FloraHolland, the world’s leading flower auction, had global sales in 2014 of € 4.5 billion in flowers and plants. It plays a key role as marketplace matchmaker, mediator and post harvest knowledge center. FloraHolland is a service providing company, which has no focus on generating profit, but rather offering its members the best sales opportunities at the lowest possible costs.
With 4 auction centers in the Netherlands, FloraHolland is an international operating intermediary organization and has a dynamic import department. By offering the best quality and various selections of flowers and plants, FloraHolland wishes to maintain its lead as a trustworthy marketplace for international commerce.
In order to achieve our goals in Kenya, FloraHolland is currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic ICT Officer. Our employee core values are based on passionate expertise, exceptional customer service, business judgment, integrity, teamwork and innovation. If these values describe you then we look forward to your application.
You will develop, implement, manage, maintain and evaluate the company’s Information Technology systems and resources in line with the Company’s objectives, as well as support and deliver input for IT-projects.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Lead IT Projects or participate as team member in the company’s project depending on the size of the project.
- Maintain contact with customers, growers and other stakeholders to generate a broad knowledge of the customer and market needs.
- Train users, customers, growers and other stakeholders in IT systems and projects.
- Initial setup, software installation, testing and security hardening of computer server systems.
- Installation, maintenance and update of supply chain management systems and delivery of valuable input for development.
- Ensure business continuity by determining and initiating appropriate and immediate actions needed to restore normal services with minimal down time, regular data and information backups
- Oversee operation and maintenance of network, servers and server rooms in accordance with country and international best practices to ensure business continuity.
- Hardware repair & maintenance including but not limited to: putting in place an equipment replacement plan; monitoring of IT hardware contracts; trouble shooting and repair of computer hardware, telephony system and allied accessories (Printers, scanners, UPS, telephones).
- Help establish cost efficiencies by putting in strategies that will track inventory of all IT software, hardware and IT consumables.
- Ensure maximum internet availability in accordance with the IT policy and SLA’S with Vendors.
- Perform systems analysis and liaise with programmers to develop/update systems to meet users’ needs within the organization.
- Generate system reports to gauge system performance and provide logs to information users.
- Provide technical advice to management on IT hardware and software.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a busy and IT intensive environment.
- Working knowledge of ITIL, MCITP, VCP and N+
- Proven experience in managing IT projects.
- Excellent communication and training skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; highly structured individual.
- Strong initiative, true problem solver and high analytical competences.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Tuesday 2nd February 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.