Why do some of us believe, and some of us don’t? Can our doubts bring our beliefs into sharper focus? Do we all need to believe in something, and to seek meaning by creating rituals, myths and symbols? And what is the difference between belief and faith?
In this hour, TED speakers offer personal perspectives on belief from all ends of the spectrum, from ardent atheists to the devout faithful.
1. Billy Graham And Anne Graham Lotz: What’s The Difference Between Belief And Faith?
2. Lesley Hazleton: Is Doubt Essential To Faith?
3. Julia Sweeney: How Does A Person Go From Believer To Atheist?
4. Alain de Botton: What Can Atheism Learn From Religion?
5. Devdutt Pattanaik: Are There Any Universal Beliefs And Truths?