, Our client operates one of the largest retail sandwich stores worldwide, they are quickly expanding in Kenya as well as making inroads to other markets. They are currently seeking to recruit a Restaurant Manager to be part of their versatile team.
The Manager will be responsible for maintenance of food standards, recruitment, training, inventory control, local marketing initiatives and offering exceptional customer service
- Directs staff to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained.
- Responsible for inventory and money control systems
- Recruit, reward and terminate staff as needed.
- Communicate changes in food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policies are followed
- Support local and national marketing initiatives.
- Identify and contact prospective customers to promote sales.
- Plan special events and promotions.
- Coaches and trains shift managers, and assistant managers, on operational excellence. Monitor training processes to ensure quality training of employees.
- Assist in developing new hire orientation programs and rewards programs.
- Develop and maintain staffing levels for Supervisors and Assistant Managers.
- Ensures that correct operational procedures are followed and takes corrective action if necessary
- Works with staff to achieve sales goals, using available reports to identify opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in a relevant field
- Must have 3-5 years of successful, operational management experience in a restaurant environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills and strong analytical/decision making skills are needed;
- Demonstrated achievement in staff selection, coaching and development.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing Date: Friday 6th November 2015