Position: Revenue Accountant
Reporting to: Revenue Accounting Manager
Accounting for all revenue streams and ensuring billing completeness and accuracy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Coordination and analysis of billing inputs for all services and eventual postings to the accounting system. This ensures revenue recognition as per IAS 18.
- Verification and adjustments of any mis-postings in accounting systems if any and passing the necessary journal entries
- Ensuring that revenues in accounting system agree to those of controlling sections and reconciliations where there is a difference.
- Working closely with controlling section on revenue reporting to enhance accuracy.
- Ensuring that all revenue streams have been correctly accounted for in the accounting system together with the accompanying taxes.
- Assist in financial analysis and participating in monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting cycles.
- Determine monthly revenue forecasts and calculations in liaison with controlling.
- Working closely with revenue assurance on billing validations to ensure that any variances are within acceptable confines.
- Responding to any internal and external auditors queries
- In coordination with the various subsection heads, review all the postings before posting to sage system. This enhances accuracy of the posted data.
- Any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the head of function
|Academic/ Professional Qualifications
· University graduate in related business field
( B.Com or BSc.(Business Admin.)
· Over 5 years’ experience
· QuickBooks, Sage Accounting Package
· Qualified Accountant is an added advantage
· Attention to detail
· Team player
· Good computer skills (SAGE/Excel/PowerPoint/Word/)
· Ability to lead and control
· Strong interpersonal skills
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position. Application should be sent by latest 12th June 2015, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.