The Kenya Association of Manufacturers – the representative organization for manufacturing Value – add Industries in Kenya is seeking to competitively fill the following position:-
Designation: Economic Analyst – Policy Research and Advocacy
Reporting to: The Head of Policy Research and Advocacy Unit
Job Purpose: To offer economic analysis and research support to KAM Policy Research and Advocacy initiatives at KAM and ensure they are fact based for creation and sustenance of an enabling market and environment to support competitive Kenyan manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Support KAM in designing and implementing an effective Policy, Research and Advocacy strategy to deliver results on economic agenda of concern to manufacturers;
2. Play a lead role in researching, developing and presenting advanced economic analysis for the Association and formulate plans to address economic issues related to manufacturing;
3. Conduct research, analyze and report data to explain economic phenomena, forecast market trends and disseminate research findings through technical reports or scientific articles;
4. Design policies, offer value add intelligence views or make recommendations for solving economic issues facing manufacturers;
5. Drive efforts to conduct surveys and collate relevant data to validate and advise KAM advocacy efforts and ensure timely preparations of KAM policy related information to members and all stakeholders;
6. Maintain an observatory on national, regional and international developments that impact on industry;
7. Prepare economic research reports, position papers and advisory to inform KAM advocacy efforts;
8. Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy in areas of concern to KAM members
9. Communication, networking and representing KAM in forums of interest to its members and with relevant stakeholders – Government ministries, county authorities and members etc, on economic issues affecting industry and businesses;
10. Engage members of KAM through committees and sectors to make contribution to advocacy positions of the organization;
11. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive from time to time.
Qualifications and Person Specifications:
A bachelors degree in Economics or Policy Research and Law, a masters degree in same disciplines shall be an added advantage;
Atleast 5 years hands-on experience as an economist or handling policy research and advocacy related matters;
Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills;
Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies;
Strong leadership skills and a team player;
Customer relationship management skills.
Interested qualifying candidates may forward their applications and detailed CVs only to;
Kenya Association of Manufacturers
PO Box 30225 – 00100 GPO,
Email: [email protected]
More details of key requirements for the above vacancies are available at our company website: www.kam.co.ke
Closing date: 15th May, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.