Our client is a leading social enterprise operating in the livestock sector in Kenya with the aim of revolutionizing the provision of livestock and veterinary services to pastoralists and farmers in Kenya by creating a more sustainable service delivery model.
With over 4 year’s business presence in Kenya and with over 85 franchises and 95 outlets all over the country, they are looking to hire a proactive and dynamic professionals to join their team as a Regional Technical Supervisor.
This role will report directly to the Regional Operations Manager and will be based in Central Province, Marsabit and Turkana.
|The Regional Technical Supervisor will be responsible for managing the regional business hubs, ensuring timely delivery to franchisees, coordinating farmer training, and providing franchisees with advice which will enable them to run successful businesses as well as manage and oversee activities of the franchises to deliver profitable retail units. S/He will be responsible for recruiting new franchisees and coordinating franchises meeting and trainings, introduction of new products and innovation and managing the supply chain to the last mile
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all shop, van sales, franchisee and extension activities in the region and report on progress every week
- Ensure the shop and the Franchisees are well stocked and managed with optimum stock levels and no product expiries or damages
- Recommend training needs for staff, franchisees and farmers, identify business opportunities for the region and communicate progress in each weekly report.
- Recruit and manage franchisees, ensure all required documentations are. Prepare sales and activity forecast with each franchisee and follow up to ensure 100% monthly target achievement.
- Ensure all franchisees trade and operate within set trading terms. No overdue debts, non-invoiced sales.
- Coordinate and facilitate franchisee and farmer activities
- Ensure 100% target achievement on all business units and field activities.
- Ensure daily manual sales summaries are completed for the van and the shop
- Account for all field expenses within 24 hours of expenditure.
- Ensure all company vehicles in the region are well managed and serviceable
- Ensure stock take is done on the last day of every month
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related
- 3 years’ experience in agronomy with a strong bias in business management with a focus on key accounts management, relationship management and accounting.
- Must have 2 years experience in sales and marketing.
- Relevant experience as an agronomist or veterinary will be an added advantage
- Ability to speak local languages for the regions mentions will be an advantage. Residents are encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of the agricultural sector and in particular small scale farmers
- Able to articulate and appreciate the challenges of small enterprises and has had previous experience in their management
- Relationship management and Key account management skills and experience
- Business focus and acumen
- Person of integrity
Salary Budget : Kshs. 100,000 Basic plus benefits
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 30th April 2015.Only successful candidates will be contacted.