Our client, Lupain Investments Kenya Limited is a player in the oil industry and one of the leading resellers of oil products. Currently have operations in Kenya and South Sudan well as making inroads to other countries in the region. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Supply Chain Co-ordinator will ensure development of effective and efficient Supply Chain operations to achieve business objective
- Ensure effective and efficient supply by monitoring and managing demand & supply planning processes to produce accurate demand plans and efficient supply plans to achieve customer service level target and minimizing distribution costs.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure goods and services are delivered as required and on time;
- Take charge of Inventory Planning, forecasting, stocks reconciliation
- Responsible for logistics planning and arrangements facilitating efficient transportation, storage and Distribution of suppliers
- Ensure compliance on HSE policies on all areas of our operations;
- Ensured Contracted transporters and trucks if any progressively meet established contractual obligations and safety standards;
- Liaise with suppliers/customers on order sizes to place depending on truck compartments and truck availabilities to ensure our trucks are used optimally; this also include timely placement of orders
- Handled customer/suppliers complaints and liaise with various departments on order and supply issues so that complaints are resolved effectively to ensure we managed as per Service Level Agreements.
- Plan, organize, coordinate supply chain processes for the company such as purchasing, customer service and logistics with the responsibility for ensuring the execution of all company rules, policies, procedures and programs in support of the goals and objectives established to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
- Ensure excellent supplier management encompassing quality, on-time delivery and responsiveness. Manage and control internal and external customer relationship through the implementation of best practices, distribution planning and customer communications.
- Coordinate budgetary planning in relation to supply and logistics and negotiate improved pricing, product quality and delivery times.
- Put in place and enforce inventory management systems so as to ensure including maximum stock levels and reorder levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business field from a recognised University.
- Post-graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Procurement is desirable.
- Experience in trading environment as well as competitive sourcing is desired
- Strong negotiation skills
- At least Five (7) years experience in supply chain and logistics; similar industry is preferred.
- Self-confident with a strong analytical and decision-making ability.
- Results-oriented with an ability to deliver and meet tight deadlines.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Thursday 12th March 2015
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies