Our client is one of the largest food manufacturers in the world which operates in various business segments: They are looking for a vibrant, passionate and highly qualified professional to join their professional team as their Project Engineer-Utilities/Mechanical.
This position will work with the Site Engineering Manager to achieve the scope and deliverables; the Project Engineer will also develop solutions / designs that meets the project scope and deliverables and is acceptable to the project owners should none exists. The project Engineer needs to ensure that the project’s success KPIs (Schedule, costs, quality, etc) are achievable, The Project Engineer ensures success by following EEM methodology throughout the project’s entire life-cycle
- Lead Mechanical Engineering Related discipline through construction of Greenfield factory construction project
- Along with the site M&E Lead, and Site Engineering Manager, Manage the design firms and contractors:
- Make sure the design meets the owners project requirements and basis of design
- Confirm designers calculations, and design standards are correct
- Ensure design documents adhere to local norms for contractors, but are consistent with the Wrigley drawing and document standards as well
- Ensure the design includes sufficient details for accurate costing and comprehensive bidding
- Make sure the designer’s scope of work and tendering documents are clear for bidders
- Manage the designer to make sure they are considering appropriate alternatives and best practices
- Be the technical leader for reviewing bids with contractors
- Be the technical expert to ensure contractor work on the latest IFC deliverables
- Provide drive for results, leadership, and ‘can-do’ attitude for the site team and contractors
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate the construction works
- Make sure the contractors are structured and organized in an efficient manner
- Ensure the project is constructed according to latest approved, issued for construction design information, drawings, specifications, etc.
- Communicate to the construction management team and site engineering leader, and owner’s engineers who might be visiting the project
- Close out the project with timely completion of snags
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Professional Engineering License (or working towards) and familiarity with green building standards.)
- Minimum 5 -10 years combined experience of Mechanical engineering design and engineering project management experience with increasing complexity / scope. Successful implementation of a project with a value exceeding between $1MM USD-$5MM USD
- Advanced design knowledge for HVAC systems
- Advanced knowledge of design steam systems
- Advanced knowledge of fuel systems (deisel, furnace oil, biomass)
- Advanced knowledge of design of water systems (hot, cold, water treatment, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of design of piping systems including pipe specifications, pipe hangars
- Advanced knowledge of compressed air systems
- Advanced knowledge of energy efficient design principles
Skills and Competencies
- Building effective teams
Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Strong ethical approach to safety, quality, and environmental protection and business
- High Learning Agility
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of peers and partnering firms
- Influencing without authority
- High Learning Agility
- Must be able to travel to designer’s offices, contractor’s offices, project site, current factory.
- Availability to lead and participate in conference calls for project team in the evening to be able to connect with all global regions / time zones.
- Must be able to work extended hours on construction work sites.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Tuesday 17th March 2015
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.