KONE is one of the world’s leading elevator and escalator companies with net sales of EUR 6.9 billion in 2013 and over 43,000 employees across 50 countries and has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki since 1967. KONE, being one of the global leaders in the industry, provides its customers with industry-leading elevators, escalators and also innovative solutions for maintenance & modernization. KONE East Africa is now looking for an experienced Installation Supervisor
Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, East Africa, you will be responsible for the process of new equipment installations, commissioning and client handover. You will have a unique opportunity to manage and develop this exciting business line. The position is based in Nairobi but the company operates throughout Kenya and across the East African region.
- End to end management of new equipment installation projects.
- Responsible for ensuring all project activities are implemented to the level and quality as per agreed work plans
- Liaise with clients and internal supporting teams to ensure they are kept up-to-date with project progress
- Ensure adherence to all safety requirements and company principles and policies related to safety.
- Manage a team of project staff through providing technical and management support, guidance and on-the-job capacity building of the project team
- Resource allocation across different projects
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction or related industry.
- Proven track record of project management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of construction industry processes, including safety and contract management.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of computer skills. Experience with MS Project is an added advantage.
- Commitment to continuous personal and team development.
Kone provides employees with excellent training and development opportunities both locally and in other countries of operation. Qualified candidates are invited submit an application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with Kone; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees. Visit www.adeptsys.biz (Job Vacancies) for more details on the job.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.
Closing Date Friday 10th April 2015