Our client, Lupain Investments Kenya Limited is a player in the oil industry and one of the leading resellers of oil products. Currently have operations in Kenya and South Sudan as well as making inroads to other countries in the region. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Accountant will be responsible for managing the finance arm of the organization.
- Manage the accounting section with the aim of achieving Finance Department objectives
- Manage the full spectrum of costing and financial accounting, forecasting and budgeting as well as preparing final accounts.
- Develop and strengthen internal control; this also includes ensuring adherence to set controls
- Develop financial policies, systems and procedures and communicate these to affected parties to monitor and ensure compliance in line with International Accounting Standards and generally accepted accounting principles
- Responsible for maintaining a stable cash-flow for the organisation by drawing up cash flow projections and appraising debtors & creditors to ensure steady cash flow.
- Ensure accurate and complete posting of accounting data and the generation of trial balance.
- Enforce financial discipline across the organization and ensure all departments operate within the laid down financial policy framework.
- Production of timely and accurate management reports against strict deadlines.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and ensuring the care of company assets
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy and timeliness of inventory controls and cost controls.
- Monitor general ledger postings, ensuring that accounting records are accurate and established standards are adhered to.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with relevant departments in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA finalist
- At least 5 years experience as a Senior Accountant
- Experience in trading is desired
- Working knowledge of accounting packages
- Working experience with Sage pastel or ACCPAC accounting software
- An understanding of financing opportunities is also desired
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Thursday 12th March 2015
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies