, We boast over 15 years of experience in the horticulture sector and have found our niche in the production, sourcing and supplying of, as well as trading in, country fresh fruits and vegetables; we provide an integrated supply chain from the grower source to various market segments and customers globally.
We have recently injected a significant amount of private equity capital which will see us realize our very ambitious growth plan in the next couple of years, indeed, moving some of our operations from our current base upcountry to Nairobi.
You will be in charge of the quality operating team and be responsible for developing Quality Assurance Programs, provide day-to-day support to the operations team in management of product quality and ensuring food safety across the organization.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance of all products with all government food safety regulations and maintain highest level of food safety through daily monitoring programs, team supervision, and on-going verification of internal and external laboratory or industry benchmarking
- Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with all GMP, HACCP.
- Interact effectively with KEBS and other regulatory bodies, food safety auditors, and customers to maintain positive & responsive relationships and assure rapid corrective actions through dynamic leadership and timely documentation.
- Develop, schedule, and direct GMP, Food Safety, and Quality Management System audits and monitor corrective actions to deficient findings for completion and effectiveness providing gap closure assistance to the manufacturing
- Establish manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control and new product development
- Proactively identify potential and emerging food safety issues and develop strategies to effectively investigate and advise management on quality improvement
- Conduct quality training programs to all employees with emphasis on continuous improvement through identification and analysis of customer complaints and legal requirements.
- Develop and execute training programs that support the company’s objectives with regard to quality and food safety
- Keep the appropriate records and generate periodic quality reports that support decision-making
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience quality management in food processing
- Certification on any quality management system and formal audit training will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively work with all managerial levels, customers, regulatory, and other professional contacts
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with and ability to understand the key requirements in the Quality Systems and continuous improvement programs
How to apply:
Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing Date: Monday 16thMarch2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies