, We boast over 15 years of experience in the horticulture sector and have found our niche in the production, sourcing and supplying of, as well as trading in, country fresh fruits and vegetables; we provide an integrated supply chain from the grower source to various market segments and customers globally.
We have recently injected a significant amount of private equity capital which will see us realize our very ambitious growth plan in the next couple of years, indeed, moving some of our operations from our current base upcountry to Nairobi.
You will lead, provide support and advice in all human resource activities including; recruitment, performance management, compensation and benefits, industrial and employee relations and performance management.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, review and implement best practice HR policies and procedures that are legally compliant
- Coordinate and support the recruitment and selection process including job description development, recruitment and selection and issuing of employment contracts.
- Meet business needs by identifying and retaining key talent to inform succession and business plans, staff engagement, and productivity.
- Lead, implement and manage talent and career development programs.
- Provide leadership in HR management and guide other managers in staff development, training, mentoring and coaching to improve staff performance, motivation and morale so as to attain and maintain a disciplined, committed and motivated team within the organization.
- Develop, implement and monitor compensation and benefits policies to attract, retain and motivate staff.
- Manage payroll processing and ensure statutory returns computations are submitted on time
- Drive industrial relations programs including liaison with the Union, FKE and Ministry of Labor on all issues relating to Employment Laws and Practice and take part in CBA negotiations.
- Negotiate service agreements with service providers and monitor service delivery.
- Take charge of Food Safety, Occupation Environment and Health and Safety policy making and implementation.
- Develop effective communication strategies to ensure workers are adequately informed.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or any other relevant field supported with a Higher National Diploma or Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of 5 years experience, some of which should be at management level
- Solid understanding of local labour laws and experience in a labour intensive environment
- Experience in industrial relations and handling of casual laborers.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Proven oral and written communication skills including ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in computers
- Influential and natural ability to foster teamwork and manage conflicts
How to apply:
Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Monday 16thMarch2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.