We boast over 15 years of experience in the horticulture sector and have found our niche in the production, sourcing and supplying of, as well as trading in, country fresh fruits and vegetables; we provide an integrated supply chain from the grower source to various market segments and customers globally.
We have recently injected a significant amount of private equity capital which will see us realize our very ambitious growth plan in the next couple of years, indeed, moving some of our operations from our current base upcountry to Nairobi.
The incumbent is required to take charge of the import/export process and manage all relevant documentation as well as liaising with suppliers and importers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervision of all operations pertaining to Exports & Imports including liaising with overseas customers and suppliers in regard to their contracts, orders, payments and shipping
- Prepare and follow up of IDFs, TREOs and Customs Bonds
- Record and file accurately all import and export documentation
- Co-ordinate Imports Clearance with Clearing Agent
- Liaise with Shipping Agent on import shipments
- Update Imports data and raise issues where necessary
- Receive and handle customer complaints and queries for export market and ensure they are addressed satisfactorily
- A Bachelors degree in Business or any other relevant field
- Diploma in clearing and forwarding or shipping will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Extensive experience with Customer Service or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of import/export documentation
- Strong relationship building and maintenance skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Understanding of Food safety, Environmental, Occupational Health and safety
How to apply:
Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing Date: Monday 16thMarch2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.