MADRID, May 24- Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said he will take a year out if he is dismissed by the Spanish giants in the coming days after failing to win a major trophy this season.
Widespread reports in the Spanish press have claimed that the Italian is set to be replaced by Napoli boss Rafael Benitez just a year after delivering Madrid’s 10th European Cup.
“My future is clear in my head,” Ancelotti said after Madrid rounded off their season with a 7-3 destruction of Getafe.
“I will continue here at Real Madrid or I will stop for a year.”
And the former Milan, Chelsea and PSG boss expects a decision on his future to be taken early next week.
“I think we are going to meet next week to clarify the future of the club,” he added.
“This is football, especially at a club like Real Madrid it is normal to be questioned after part of the season didn’t go well.
“It is part of my job. Last season we won the 10th european Cup and this year is a different story. I won’t forget what we did last year or what happened this year. You have to consider everything.
“We have to evaluate calmly what happened this season and try to improve for next season.
“I want to stay. If the club says I can’t continue I won’t be happy but these things have happened many times in football, it is not the first time. It happened to me at Juventus, Chelsea, at PSG I asked to leave.
“I don’t think it will be the last time because I have desire to coach. It could be that I get sacked another time.
“I continue to have confidence in my ability because I like to coach.”