Athletics Athletics

Probe into Kipsiro death threats launched

Shares

MOSES-KIPSIROKAMPALA, April 17- A Ugandan government team has started investigating allegations of death threats against the country’s star athlete Moses Kipsiro.

Fred Enanga, the police spokesman told Xinhua in an interview on Friday that the team has started its work although no arrests have been done yet.

The team comprising of the police and information communication and technology experts is expected to report back early next month.

Last month the 2010 Commonwealth Games 5,000m gold medalist Kipsiro pulled out of the 2015 IAAF World Cross Country Championships alleging that someone had sent him a death threatening message on his phone.

The athlete said he suspected one of the coaches Peter Wemali to have sent the message.

Wemali last year was suspended by the athletics body for allegedly sexually harassing female athletes while in camp.

Wemali’s alleged violations were first reported by Kipsiro.

Shares

Comments