Football Football

Balotelli agent denies Wenger talks

Shares

BALOTELLI-TRAININGLONDON, June 30-The agent of Mario Balotelli has denied claims that he met with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to discuss the potential transfer of the AC Milan striker.

The 23-year-old’s future at the San Siro was recently thrown into doubt after managing director Barbara Berlusconi declared that “nobody is irreplaceable” in response to questions about the Italy international.

Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, issued a statement following Berlusconi’s comments, saying that the player wants to be somewhere “he is loved”.

As yet, there is still no clarity on Balotelli’s situation, although Raiola has made it clear that Milan have not told him that they want to sell the former Manchester City frontman.

“Maybe it was a mistake to bring Mario back to Italy,” Raiola told RaiUno.

“For him it is essential to go where he is loved, and at AC Milan some people love him and some do not.

“Barbara Berlusconi is right to say that no-one is irreplaceable, but so far the club have always told me that Balotelli is not for sale.

“If they do not want to keep him, they have to call me and I’m ready to meet and discuss things with them.

“I did not go to Brazil for any talks and I have never met Wenger.”

Balotelli joined Milan in January 2013 from Manchester City for a fee of around €20 million, and has gone on to make 54 appearances in all competitions, scoring 30 goals in the process.

Shares

Comments