Nakuru morgue attendant who abused 19 children arraigned in court

May 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Shares
Tom Musabili faced 30 counts of child pornography, indecent act on a minor and promoting child prostitution/FILE

, NAKURU, Kenya, May 25 – A 45-year-old morgue attendant accused to have defiled 19 primary and secondary school students appeared before a Nakuru court on Thursday.

Tom Musabili faced 30 counts of child pornography, indecent act on a minor and promoting child prostitution.

He was charged with committing the offences at Railway Station Area in Nakuru on various dates between December 2015 and December 2016.

He allegedly played sexual video contents to children aged between 12 and 15 and later forced them to have sex with each other.

He is also accused of forcing one boy to have sex with a mentally ill lady in presence of other two minors aged 14 and 15.

He had been contacted by several parents to take their kids to school, but he would later lure them with sweets into his house where he would show them pornographic materials.

Musabili denied all the offences when he appeared before Principal Magistrate Joe Omido.

Prosecution opposed his release on bail saying that his life was in danger.

Prosecutor Sandra Kosgey objected the bail application saying that the ground was still hostile.

She said parents to the affected children had been demonstrating to the police station demanding the accused to be released so that they can lynch him.

“On May 17, angry members of the public stormed the Nakuru Central Police Station and asked the Officer Commanding Police Station to release Musabili for to be lynched,” Kosgey said.

Omido ordered that he be remanded in custody until June 13 when the three files will be allocated to various courts for hearing.

The court also ordered the prosecution to furnish the defence with documentary evidence alongside charge sheets and witness statements.

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed