Nairobi street cordoned off after bomb scare

February 1, 2017 11:32 am
Shares
Central Police boss Robinson Thuku says the scene has since been cleared and the object taken away by bomb experts/FILE

, NAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 1 – A section of Moktar Daddah Street within Nairobi Central Business District had been condoned off after people found an object suspected to be an explosive, causing panic.

The object was found by students of a college campus near the Street before police and bomb expert’s were called in.

Central Police boss Robinson Thuku says the scene has since been cleared and the object taken away by bomb experts.

He said police suspect that someone could have placed the object with a motive of causing panic.

He has however assured the city residents that the object was not an explosive.

This comes a few days after the Directorate of Criminal Investigations dismissed a letter that was being circulated on social media.

The letter was cautioning Kenyans of an imminent attack on shopping malls and institutions, similar to the tragic terror attack at Garissa University College that claimed 148 lives.

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed