KCSE candidate collapses on ingesting ‘brain boosting’ pill

November 14, 2016 5:41 pm
Shares
An adverse reaction to the medication he ingested together with his classmates caused him to lose consciousness/SAMUEL SIRINGI
An adverse reaction to the medication he ingested together with his classmates caused him to lose consciousness/SAMUEL SIRINGI

, NAIROBI, Kenya, Nov 14 – A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education exam candidate in Kandara, Murang’a was rushed to hospital on Monday before sitting for his morning paper after popping what he believed to be ‘brain boosting’ pills.

An adverse reaction to the medication he ingested together with his classmates caused him to lose consciousness.

Overview
  • An adverse reaction to the medication he ingested together with his classmates caused him to lose consciousness.
  • He was however fortunate enough to be allowed to sit for the paper from his hospital bed.
  • Another candidate in Mwala, Machakos County was not so lucky; he was declared dead on losing consciousness in what school authorities believe was the result of a heart condition.

He was however fortunate enough to be allowed to sit for the paper from his hospital bed.

Another candidate in Mwala, Machakos County was not so lucky; he was declared dead on losing consciousness in what school authorities believe was the result of a heart condition.

An only son, his parents have however insisted on a post-mortem for a definitive conclusion.

Counselling and psychological support services were provided to his classmates.

On November 7, another candidate registered at the Jomo Kenyatta High School in Nakuru died on complaining of feeling unwell.

According to the school principal John Mureithi, the candidate who had shown up for the exams collapsed and died after being taken to the Nakuru North District Hospital.

“He had talked very well with the doctors a few minutes before he collapsed and the doctors were wishing him all the best in his examinations. They had thought that Gikonyo would start his exams but unfortunately he did not make it,” the school head said.
He had been diagnosed with hypertension.

“His parents had taken him to the same facility a few weeks ago where he was diagnosed with hypertension,” Mureithi said.

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed