Two injured in Nakuru electrical mishap stable

April 4, 2016 11:28 am
Shares
A screen grab of the moment when the two technicians were electrocuted, leading to injuries/COURTESY
A screen grab of the moment when the two technicians were electrocuted, leading to injuries/COURTESY

, NAKURU, Kenya, Apr 4 – Kenya Power says two technicians who were seen being electrocuted in a widely shared video on social media are stable.

The firm says the two – who work for a company Kenya Power had contracted – received electrical burns as they were installing a meter on Sunday evening.

“Our safety engineers are investigating an incident in which two technicians of a company contracted by Kenya Power received electrical burns as they were installing a meter in Nakuru,” the firm said in a statement.

KPLC General Manager for Network Management, Eng Daniel Tare, said the injured technicians were involved in the installation of a large power outdoor meter and were rushed to a Nakuru hospital following the mishap.

“They are in a stable condition and communicating,” Eng Tare said. “It was not fatal as reported in social media platforms.”

He assured that investigations were underway “to find the cause of the unfortunate incident and enhance safety measures to prevent such occurrences in future.”

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed