, NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 18 – Police have offered a Sh2 million reward for anyone who provides information leading to the arrest of Mohammed Dubow, who masterminded the July 2015 Mandera quarry attack.
Police Spokesman George Kinoti says the reward was offered following reports that Dubow is back in the country from Somalia.
- Police Spokesman George Kinoti says the reward was offered following reports that Dubow is back in the country from Somalia.
- Police believe he was involved in the July attack last year on the Mandera quarry where 14 workers were killed by Al Shabaab terrorists.
“Police are appealing to members of public to offer information that will help to bring the fugitive to justice,” he said.
Police believe he was involved in the July attack last year on the Mandera quarry where 14 workers were killed by Al Shabaab terrorists.
A similar attack occurred in December 2014 when 36 quarry workers were killed.
The attack occurred at a quarry in Koromey area, about 15 kilometres from Mandera town.
The quarry workers were ambushed by heavily armed militants at 1am.
The police service remains on high alert since the threat of terror remains real in the country with detectives trailing a number of terrorists accused of launching attacks in the country.
On February 27, Police released pictures of three terror suspects who are linked to the Mandera and Elwak Makkah Bus attacks and details of another involved in a foiled attack against Parliament.
Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet has called on the public to share information that may lead to their arrest while offering Sh2 million cash rewards for each of the suspects.
According to intelligence gathered, the police boss said the suspects may be in the company of other Al Shabaab terrorists and they may also collaborate with their sympathizers.
Boinnet further urged Kenyans to remain vigilant while cautioning that the suspects are believed to be armed and dangerous.
The first suspect Abdullahi Issak Diyat is wanted for his involvement in the November 2014 attack on a Makkah Bus that led to the death of 28 innocent Kenyans.
He was also wanted for the December 2014 killing of quarry workers in Mandera.
The other suspect, Idriss Issack Ismail, is wanted for similar terror attacks as Diyat.
Ahmed Uweys, the third suspect is said to have joined Al-Shabaab as a fighter “before joining the Amniyat wing of al Shabaab.”
According to police, he was a close associate of Adan Garar, who was killed in March 2015 for his role in attacks in Kenya including the Westgate Mall attack.
Police records also link him to the Mandera quarry and Makkah Bus attacks.
Police also want to know the whereabouts of Mohammed Shide, a terror suspect who hails from the Garre community in Mandera.
“He was a madrassa teacher. He is a member of Al-Shabaab’s Amniyat wing,” reads a police report on him.
Shide, police say was an associate of slain Al-Shabaab leader Adan Garar and is “believed to have been involved in the Westgate Mall attack.”
He is also wanted for his role in Makkah Bus attack and the killing of quarry workers in Mandera.