Drama expected to follow Wanjiru to the grave

June 10, 2011 5:09 am

, NAKURU, Kenya, Jun 10 – The High Court has declined to block Saturday’s burial of marathon champion Samuel Wanjiru, but the mother Hannah has vowed she will stop it using other means.

Hannah lost a bid to block the burial after Justice Anyara Emukule ruled that there were no reason for further delay of the burial and directed the burial committee to ahead with burial plans.

He said that all that needed to be done on the body, including a post mortem had already been completed.

He noted that postponement of the burial would exacerbate feeling of animosity and mistrust in the family and declined to grant further interim orders.

He however ordered an inquest into the death of the late marathoner which will be conducted before the chief magistrate’s court in Nairobi.

Hannah had claimed that post-mortem results pointed at foul play.

Hannah had wanted Wanjiru\’s widow, Trizah Njeri barred from removing her late son\’s body from the Lee Funeral home or interring it until investigations are concluded.

She argued that her son\’s spirit would not rest until those who killed him were apprehended.

Hannah insists that her daughter-in-law, a woman who was with Wanjiru on the fateful night, Jane Nduta and the family night watchman were the ones who knew who killed his son.

Hannah said the three should be made to explain who else was in the house and the source of the blood stains found on the balcony and bedroom.

She wondered why Trizah was in a hurry to bury her husband instead of concentrating in identifying his killers.

She appealed to both local and international athletic bodies to boycott the burial and help her fight for her son\’s rights.


Latest Articles

Most Viewed