Rihanna cancels Indonesia concert

February 11, 2009 12:00 am

, JAKARTA, Feb 11 – R&B star Rihanna has postponed a concert in Indonesia’s capital for the second time after pulling out of the recent Grammy awards and a Malaysian concert, organisers said Wednesday.

The 20-year-old Barbados-born singer had pulled out of the Grammy Awards on Sunday and postponed a concert in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur amid rumours she was the victim of domestic assault at the hands of her boyfriend, singer-songwriter Chris Brown.

Local promoter Showmaster said the William Morris Agency in Los Angeles had told them Thursday’s concert would be cancelled, promoter Troy Reza Warokka told AFP.

"We spoke to Tony Goldring of William Morris Agency and he said the concert had to be cancelled because of an assault case involving Rihanna’s boyfriend," Warokka said.

"He offered to reschedule but we don’t think we’ll take it up, not this year at least. This is her second postponement. Her fans are traumatised and we’ve spent so much money on production and promotional materials," he added.

Rihanna had cancelled a concert in the Indonesian capital in November last year on security concerns following the execution of three Islamist militants behind deadly 2002 bombings on Bali island.


Latest Articles

Most Viewed