Cleaning your car is a necessary part of grooming. It reflects on who you are, keeps you healthy and prevents your car parts from unnecessary decay or neglect.
Car washes in the hood range from between Sh400 to even Sh2,000. Though many places use fancy machines, it is important know what exactly they do, to know that you are getting your money’s worth.
Capital Motors had a chat with the Business Development Executive/ Account relations manager at Parapet Cleaning Services Paul Kaigai on how to clean your car and why you have to make a thorough job of it.
What do you do for Parapet? I source for new business and ensure the existing client’s expectations are realized to strengthen our relationship and remain the preferred cleaning services provider in East and central Africa.
- How long have you been cleaning cars? Over ten years now.
- Why should motorists keep their cars clean? Basically for hygiene purposes, it ensures the car functions efficiently e.g. mirrors, wipers, locks etc and it protects ones image.
- Why is it important to have a complete clean-up done rather than just a body wash? Just like our offices and homes requires to be cleaned, a car needs a interior clean up to ensure a conducive environment, comfort and safety
- Is it crucial to wash the engine as well? Engine wash is crucial once in a while to ensure that any strange leakages are spotted in time and also it minimizes the dangerous fumes emitted from the running engine through the vents.
- When people get colds from their cars, which dirty area of the car is the usual culprit? People mainly get cold from their cars when they use the air con, dusty vents on the dash board, dusty seats, dirty underneath carpets, mats and dirty roofs.
- Give me an incident of the dirtiest car you have ever washed? We encounter dirty cars daily but the worst was a Benz that was soaked 90% in muddy water in and out. We also work closely with reputable garages to clean cars after major works and services.
- What kinds of car washes does Parapet offer, and what do I get for my money? Parapet offers executive car detailing that gives it a show room look. We remove the seat and underneath carpets for professional shampooing ,clean the interior roof, simonize the dash board, clean the safety belts, wax and buff the body, treat the tyres, cleaning the engine, clean the under belly, clean and distain the mirrors, glass, remove rust on nuts handles, among other things.
A car wash with Parapet costs roughly Sh4,000 depending on what car you are driving and how much work it entails.