(Earlsimxx) Quattro GmbH, a subsidiary of Audi AG and specializing in high performance Audi cars has revealed its 2014 Audi RS6 Avant.
The 5 seater estate/station wagon will feature a massive twin-turbo V8: 4.0 TFSI with 412 kW (560 hp) and 700 Nm (516.29 lb-ft) allowing it to sprint from 0 – 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds all the way to a top speed of 305 km/h.
The RS is the ultimate option for the A6, placed above the S6. The car is expected to go on sale in 2013 with reports saying it will not be available for the US market.
The engine is then mated to an eight-speed tiptronic featuring shortened shift times with the D and S modes. One of the best features and similar to the S6 and S7 is the Cylinder on Demand (COD) system. Basically what it does is it shuts down the intake and exhaust valves of cylinders 2, 3, 5 and 8 when the engine is operating at low loads, making it run like a 4-cylinder engine that transforms into a V8 with more gas.
It features a Quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring featuring a self-locking centre differential with an elevated locking value. It also has a sport differential that distributes the power between the rear wheels.
The Audi RS6 Avant comes standard with high-gloss, 20 inch, forged wheels in a seven twin-spoke design.
Optional 21-inch cast wheels are available in three versions: high-gloss silver, polished black and polished titanium-look. The body plays a major role in the handling. It is roughly 20 percent aluminum and includes numerous components made of high-strength steel. The new Audi RS 6 Avant weighs roughly 100 kilograms less than its predecessor.
For the first time in the RS series, the Avant RS6 will feature an air suspension system which uses air suspension with controlled damping, lowering the car to 20mm.
Depending on the road; one can choose various driving modes available from the Audi Drive Select.Optional is the tauter sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) that features steel springs and three-way adjustable shock absorbers that interconnect diagonally by means of oil lines and a central valve for improved body roll stability.
The sporty cockpit of the new Audi RS 6 Avant is singularly tailored to the driver. Other features include:
• The dial instruments with black faces, white dials and red needles.
• Flat-bottomed, three-spoke, multifunction steering wheel; the illuminated entry sills; the tachometer and the displays for the MMI as well as the Driver Information System (DIS) sport RS logos.
• New DIS shift light. Green segments are illuminated as revs increase. The bar turns red and begins to blink when revs approach the red line. Displays for the gear selected, boost pressure, oil temperature and a digital speedometer round out the RS 6-specific driver information system.
• The footrest, pedals and switches in the MMI navigation plus terminal shine in an aluminum-look finish.
• RS sport seats with side bolsters, integrated head restraints and RS 6 logos come as standard. They are covered in black Alcantara and leather, and diamond quilting in the center sections. Audi offers optional power-adjustable deluxe seats with memory function.
• The Audi RS 6 Avant comes standard with two sportily molded rear seats. A three-person bench seat is available as an option. The luggage compartment holds up to 1,680 litres.
• Two optional appearance packages – Matte Aluminum or Carbon. With the Carbon appearance package, the front splitter and the diffuser are more boldly shaped. The Audi RS6 Avant is available in nine exterior colors, including the exclusive shade Daytona Gray matte.
• It has a high-gloss black protective grille at the front, the bumpers, the fender, sill flares and the large roof spoiler. At the rear of the car, the diffuser and the two large, elliptical exhaust tailpipes give it the boldness it deserves.
• Xenon plus headlights, LED rear lights, a tire-pressure control system, illuminated entry sills and the custom driver-information system. Also on board are the parking system plus, cruise control, three-zone automatic air conditioning, MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and the ten-speaker Audi sound system.
• Bang &Olufsen Advanced Sound System with 15 speakers and 1,200 watts of total power. The Bluetooth online car phone delivers web-based Audi connect services to the car.
The price is estimated to be Sh10.6m (before tax).