Do you run a professional kitchen? Are you noticing that your restaurant produces a lot of food waste?
First step to resolving a problem is to be armed with information. Unilever Food Solutions has built an app that assists you in taking steps to reduce your food waste.
Dubbed “Wise Up On Waste,” the new app for professional kitchens conveniently monitors and track food waste. The app helps you to identify when and where you are generating the most food waste and what the potential cost saving to your business can be if you reduce your waste by 20%.
App users will need access to a weighing or fishhook scale, split the restaurant’s waste into three categories, and then begin the audit!
Use the app as a tool to challenge yourself and get your team involved:
- Identify where and when you are generating the most waste
- Audit specific services throughout the day -breakfast, lunch and/or dinner waste
- Track your team’s progress week by week and identify the indicative cost savings
- Reveal how much money you could make by reducing waste by 20%
- Save downloadable practical tools into your own bespoke ‘My Folder’ for easy access
- Browse waste action tips, recipes and spoilage prevention tips. View case study videos
- Learn how you can play your part in supporting the sector in reducing waste and recycling more
Use this waste tracker to repeat your audit and monitor your success over time. Share your successes with your team and managers. Also, the app also is available in a web version, making it easy to use if you’re at the office working from a desktop.
NAIROBI FOOD TOUR KENYA AFRICA SUSAN WONG TRAVEL NAIROBI FOOD TOUR KENYA AFRICA SUSAN WONG NAIROBI FOOD TOUR KENYA AFRICA SUSAN WONG TRAVEL