As part of strengthening the operations of Youth Alive! Kenya, we seek to recruit a suitable young person to join our impressive team of professionals as a communications intern. Reporting to the Partnerships and Institutional Development Officer, the position will entail providing direct assistance to the Youth Alive! Kenya head office Nairobi.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Handle incoming communication, screening and redirecting as necessary and provide relevant information to partners;
- • Gather appropriate material for the Youth Alive! Kenya website and have frequent updates to the site;
- • Support the direct implementation of all project activities under the department;
- • Prepare activities status reports and submit the same for onward transmission as is required by donors or for budget review, department analysis, annual and monthly reports among others;
- • Assist in the effective implementation of the overall M&E system and in the constant evaluation of
organizational partnerships and recommend new pathways for partnerships;
- • Any other duties that you may be called upon to undertake from time to time.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- • Have a degree in communications
- • Aged below 27 years.
- • Able to multi task in a fast paced environment
- • High levels of integrity
- • Must be a team player
- • Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- • IT skills will be an added advantage
The position is for an initial period of 3 months with an opportunity for renewal. If you believe you merit our
consideration, please email us your letter of application alongside detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees, email and day-time telephone contacts to be received by the close of business on 24th January 2013 to [email protected]
The email should have a subject line: COMMUNICATION INTERN –NAIROBI. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 15th February 2013 consider your application unsuccessful.
Kindly be advised that this is a non remunerated position.