Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are currently looking for dedicated, energetic and proactive individuals to join our IT team in an internship position.
The Help Desk Support Intern will have the responsibility of assisting users on various hardware or software related issues.
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve technical problems
- Respond to telephone calls, instant messages, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Document, track, and monitor all problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN
- Recommend and schedule repairs, via vendors or hands on.
- Install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements
- Provide end users support for all LAN- based applications
- Update all IT related inventory
- Installation, uninstallation of software
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
- Moving and Setting up of IT equipment
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills
- The desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must be highly motivated and committed to achieving results
- Ability to work under little supervision while meeting deliverables
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
Educational and/or Other Requirements/Qualifications
- Minimum – IT diploma
- Flexibility to work in shifts including weekend and nightshifts whenever needed.
- Use of computer terminals requiring frequent mental and visual attention; and able to lift\carry servers, PCs, and other computer hardware.
- Must be willing to work in a diverse, dynamic environment and want to be part of a fun, super-skilled team.
How to apply