The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health has designed a loan scheme for health workers in Kenya. The pre-service loans are supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded FUNZO Kenya project and target bright and needy students who are committed to becoming health workers and in-service health workers who would like to further their studies.
Applications are invited from eligible Kenyans for the 2013/2014 admissions in health programmes that are accredited by the Government of Kenya. Priority will be given to students studying or seeking to study in cadres with critical shortages in the health care sector as well as students from remote, resource poor and marginalized communities. (Kindly refer to the HELB website for the cadres/courses)
How to Apply:
1. Applicants should access and fill the 2013/14 FUNZO Kenya Application Form from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
2. Print a copy of the application form
3. Ensure the form is property filled and have it signed and stamped by the relevant officials authorities.
4. Sign the form, certify and attach all the necessary documents, as indicated on the checklist on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
5. Submit the duly completed application form and all the required documents to the Higher Education Loans Board Offices located at Anniversary Towers Building, 13th floor.
6. The Board will use the email and telephone contacts provided on the application form for communication on the progress of the application.
Please ensure that you read and understand the instructions provided on the Application Form before you commence the application process.
*The Number of loans awarded will depend on availability of funds