Lovers of the hit show Prison Break now have something to look forward to come early 2017 after Fox network renewed the show for a fifth season. Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield) and his brother Dominic Purcell (Lincoln Burrows), Michael’s lover Sarah Wayne Callies (Sara Tancredi), Amaury Nolasco (Fernando Sucre) and of course the villainous Robert Knepper (Theodore Bagwell, also known as T-Bag) are among the casts members who confirmed their part in the series revival. Shared on social media in May 2016, news of the return of the show spread quickly as many including Wentworth Miller shared their excitement to be back on screens in 2017.
Fans should expect some changes in the new season, as speculations from the official trailer indicate that Michael’s lover, Sara Tancredi, has moved on. Life is also expected to change for the menacing character T-Bag. Considering the past success the show, the new season will most likely be a hit.
5 Reasons Why A New Season Was Necessary:
1. Scoffield could not die without being reunited to Sara.
2. T-bag’s antics needed another season.
3. 7 years would provide characters with time evolved, making for an interesting plot.
4. The finality of the 5th season could involve the death of a pivotal character in the final season.
5. The complexity of the plot made the show a must-watch in the early 2000s. How would the show’s writing evolve with the new shows available now.