Established in 1985, Eldoville Dairies has come a long way from its humble beginning of selling two litres of cream a day, steadily growing to become a household name in the production of high quality dairy products, including several varieties of cheese, yoghurts and cream, a whey drink, fruits and fruit juices and ready to cook vegetables.
We are currently in the process of putting up a state–of –the–art dairy plant in Ol Joro-Orok, Nyandarua County, that will significantly increase our dairy production capacity. The increased capacity will provide opportunities for new products, channels and markets that we have not ventured into before.
This development will require a shift to a new level of execution in terms of speed to market, innovation, customer acquisition and retention. The Chief Operating Officer we seek is expected to lead this shift!
Key roles and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Managing Director and the Board, you will be expected to:
1. Implement strategic goals as well as lead and manage all of Eldoville’s operations to ensure that all business strategies are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Together with the Managing Director and relevant heads of departments, prepare and present annual business plans to the Board of Directors.
3. Direct and coordinate organisational operations including human resources, production, sales, distribution and marketing, and manage the execution of all commercial activities efficiently and effectively by converging and focusing company resources.
4. Put in place operational policies and ensure continued compliance.
5. Oversee all material undertakings and activities of the company and all material external factors affecting the company e.g. contracts, agreements, external regulatory requirements
6. Drive the product portfolio strategy to ensure that all lines have healthy P&Ls and that they are suitably targeted, marketed and distributed in the right segments. This will involve reviewing existing lines and products, as well as introducing new ones.
7. Ensure that the organisation is continuously gathering market and industry insights through market research and analysis. Analyze consumer and market trends and formulate appropriate recommendations in order to drive sound business decisions that increase profitable growth and drive appropriate product/ pack/price/channel strategy.
8. Lead and influence a cross-functional team of production, supply chain, distribution, sales, marketing and finance as well as the executive to ensure smooth implementation of every project.
9. Drive and manage the innovation process of new products from ideation to commercialisation.
10. Ensure that there is a customer service process for gathering information and complaints and dealing with them in a timely and satisfactory manner.
11. Manage both internal and external communication in order to always create harmony and a good image for the company.
12. Build external relationships with stakeholders that are of benefit to the company including industry associations, regulatory bodies and the public, especially the media.
13. Ensure that the company has skilled, competent and professional staff at times while ensuring that there are relevant and effective HR practices and systems in place
14. Liaise with the Board chair and MD to develop Board agendas, lead in preparing Board papers as well as lead in the preparation of the management reports to the Board.
15. Manage and guide the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning and reporting processes.
Qualification, experience and skills
1. A Post Graduate degree in business, finance or other related field with 5 – 10 years’ experience of successful commercial management, preferably in production, manufacturing, agribusiness and/or fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
2. Experience in developing and implementing commercial and operational strategies and in leading and managing cross-functional teams.
3. Results driven with sound business reasoning and the ability to think and act strategically.
4. Commercially astute- understands profit levers of the business and uses them effectively.
5. Understanding of basic finance and the ability to read financial statements.
6. Proven ability to build and maintain value based relationships with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
7. Experience in working collaboratively with others, of inspiring action and of motivating the team to achieve desired results.
8. Excellent negotiation and influencing skills (externally and internally at senior levels).
9. Good written and verbal communication skills with good presentation skills.
10. Hands-on approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to learn and to develop.
11. Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 27th March 2015
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Adept Systems MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100 Email: [email protected] Web: www.adeptsys.biz Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.